Good day to my dearest friends... i'm back... and i'm going off very soon!
Hahaha... I'm only confined for a week and i'm back to the mainland. Even though i really didn't leave the mainland at all but i'm already at the borders of Singapore. When i mean borders, it's like erm... 10 metres to the beach line, and right across the sea you will see Malaysia. Nice? It's a nice seaview from my cabin. We don't call it a bunk. Bunk is so...erm...LC! hahaha... Divers is HC. We live our cabin, 4 to a room. Receiving sea sound and sea breeze 24/7. Guess i've really realised my dream by staying really close to a sea. It's really seaside residence. But i'm living it with a group of comrades instead of my loved ones. I sort of missed everyone. I thought of my parents first, then my elder sister, my cousins, then my classmates, my council buddies, my schoolmates, my other good friends, the girl that i'm fond of. Almost all of those that are associated to me. The first three days is really fast and quick, i almost didn't felt that three days is over. The first three days is plainly all the housekeeping stuffs, like collecting all the essentials. There were also time when they want discipline through movements around the camp and also drills. Everything is almost in place by sunday. No 5BX at all.
By Monday, everyday was almost waking up early to draw arms. More scoldings. More disciplines. But no punishment yet.
By Tuesday, all the sadness, all the feelings started to set into me. I want to get the fuck out of there. I simply can't stand all the shit inside. All the waiting, All the shoutings, All the discipline, cannot do this cannot do that. But too bad... i need to adapt. I've turned myself into a more quiet person in the camp. Really didn't talk much at all. I only talk whenever i'm with zhaorong and shunfu. Or with that bunch of guys in 06-01. They are my friends i should say. Really turned myself into a decent guy inside. Not much vulgarities... still have some but not really a lot. Not much of crapping. Very decent, very obedient, quiet, low-profile, weak. A really different me. I will continue to be like this. I kind of like this kind of personality. I should continue it and probably one day i can become one of this?
By Friday, everything was alright. Whether got bookout or not. Doesn't really matter already. Cos i'm too used to be inside there and continue being a country pumpkin. Haha!
Almost the whole nine days is smooth-sailing. Like the food, the toilet, the bed, the environment. Just don't like the instructors, some fellow recruits, some emotional attacks. The rest is fine.
The Ultimate Diver LINGO (will be updated as days go pass)
1) suck it up - tolerate
2) squaring - almost equals to discipline or control
used as a phrase -> you better square away yourself before we come and square you
3) cabin - "bunk" according to tekong
4) on your cans - sit down
5) on the road - line up
6) Muster - Gather and line up
7) Braveheart - The word that people shout whenever they fall out or finish a punishment
8) Hammer - Punishment
9) Fuckshit - Crap
10) Whole 'Gin' Gang - Whole lot of you
'Gin' is just a word pieced up to suit the pronunciation. Not yet found out the right word for it.
11) Ke Yi Ma - can it be done?
used by Instructors to I/C or the whole lot of us
12) Instructors - Seargeants
13) Class - Company
As we are recruits, we are trainees of the dive school. Hence it's like a class. 25th batch for us.
Will try to open more lingos once i get more from the true blue divers of NDU.

<< Home