Sunday, May 08, 2005

There goes the hammer!

Alright... after a long weekend with a public holiday on the sunday. I booked in on a monday night. Which means that if i booked out on the following friday... it's would be a short WEEK! Haha! The hope of this idea that i possessed is running high in my blood. I'm quite optimistic about this. I don't know why i have such optimistism even though our guys in the class 25th simply don't understand instructions. Life in the navy is cool, you stay near the sea, you don't get to do drills often, it's their culture. I kind of like it the way they run the show.

On Tuesday, it was SOC training in the morning. SOC training often take place with a little discipline and lots of liberty. I don't know why the instructors seem to be slack with discipline. I guess because it's a small class. We will soon learn about all the dos and don'ts about this camp. Afterall, we are CAT 1 soldiers (commando level), and we are only a small group of people in a batch compared to the WHOPPING numbers in tekong. We get to take a bus down to the HOME of the GUARDSMEN, Dieppe Barrack, for our SOC training. After that, we were sent back to our camp for lunch. And strangely, we were told to rush our lunch when we really didn't have to rush for our meal ever before. Soon, the news spreaded. We are going off to changi naval base for RSN sportsmeet. That's cool as well. Simply because long distance travel equals to long sleep in the coach bus. I do not know why we were not transported by those 3 tonners instead of the coach bus. But i didn't question much about it, because i simply like it. Upon reaching, the score board already tells it all. With our unit so high above with a score that nearly touches the heaven. I don't think that within this final day of the sportsmeet, any other groups will be able to overtake us. So it's sort of like a SURE WIN kind of shit, that's why we are sent here to give some support for the CHAMPIONS. The standard is really so different. With a runner from our unit and a runner from others, they simply got no fight for a person who does power run every alternate days. Finally, everything ended. We won the championship. Glad to say that it's a LONG WAY BACK again! Haha! After we reached back to the camp, we ate our dinner. And it was a rushed one also. Maybe it's because we are needed for some programme again. True enough, we are going in for TIMES magazine talk. I subscribed for it for a little fee. And that's all for the day. It was a slack one i agree.

On wednesday, it was PT day. Did PT for the whole morning. Afternoon was slack. I think the PT did lots of damage to our batch guys. The power run hurt most of us. Our quads are pulled, hamstrings are pulled. Many were sort of injured in this kind of manner. Which makes the PT ended a bit abruptly. Hell lot of people having attend B, excuse of lower limbs. Actually i pulled my quads as well. It was a previous injury that i suffered after a soccer match. I knew i'm going to recover. So i didn't make a trip to the MO. Thankfully, my injury healed a bit after a double dosage of yokoyoko. Haha! Then, we slacked throughout the day. It was so nice having so many people injured. Haha!

On thursday, it's our SOC dry run. Spirits are running high within our batch guys. Rumours are going around, saying that we may book out for half day off. So good right? Haha! Everyone gave their best for SOC timing. Even though they say that timing will be taken. But i don't see any timers around. But i still gave my best. All was easy except for low wall. Darn. I hate that shit. Hope i can get through it the following trial. And true enough, we booked out in the afternoon. Weichiat was like so jealous about how slack we are doing at navy. Haha! Met zhiyu for a short talk. Good to see him again. He didn't change much, maybe fat abit. But still the same old him. Booked in at the night of the same day.

On Friday, we were thinking about book out day. But it seemed impossible if we booked out yesterday. So i was a bit sad about it but there are still chances. Never give up. On that day, we went PT. PT was cool. A long slow run. Sprints. Static PT for a while. Good enough to batter us into crap shit. Haha! Shagged... haha! But we get to book out! Hahahaha!

I'm having a nice time inside. Being low profile, being a person who don't volunteer to do anything at all. Instructors also don't take note of me much. I sort of like it this way. I want to go on like this. I don't want to be sabotaged for I/Cs or whatever. Haha!